Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Garden

This year I have started my very first veggie garden, and I have to show off my progress. I obviously had to do a container garden, because with the possibility of moving next year, I kinda didn't want to tear up our grass and create a headache for ourselves when we try to sell...sooo.. Here is how my garden is doing so far....

This was right after I planted everything. The two big red pots in back are beefsteak tomatoes, the white one next to them is a roma tomato plant, next to tht is a cantelope plant. The two front red pots are both bell peppers, and not shown is a pot with carrot seeds (didn't think a picture of dirt would be that exciting) and an upside down tomato planter with Roma tomatoes.
Here is the upside down Roma plant as of today. (the last time I checked it a few days ago it didn't have any fruit. Today it has clost to 15 tomatoes...YEAH)

The carrots. Standing about 8 inches tall (not like that really tells me how big the carrots are going to be, but hey...)

Here are the two pepper plants and the cantelope. Ther are both doing very well and have about 6-8 peppers on each plant right now. Here are some of the itty bitty peppers. The biggest one is about 3 inches long.This is the first and only cantelope fruit that has developed thus far. ( I didn't really check that closely this morning, so who knows. There are lots of flowers ready and the vines are starting to crawl over the side.
The three potted tomato plants. So big and heavy that we've had to bungie the cages to keep them from tipping over :)
Bug next to the tomato plant. Tall plant 'ey?
(notice the bungie keeping it from topling over)
some healthy tomatoes comin' in. Each Beefsteak tomato plant has about 10-15 tomatoes. We are going to have plenty. Any one need tomatoes?
We found on this morning that is starting to turn red....YIPPEE

2 comments:

Tyson and Angela said...

Awesome garden!! You go girl...you green thumb you! ;)

lacey said...

Good job with your garden! I am hoping to do one next year. Maybe you can give me some tips!!