Monday, January 11, 2010

What Am I Thankful For?

Last week got a bit gloomy and dark for our household last week being stuck inside for so long, so I've decided to lighten things up a little. (Maybe it has to do with the sun actually shining today and the weather forecast being alot warmer this week. Seems to make things alot happier for me!)
I'm not a huge New Years resolution person, because I think that resolutions should be made through out the year..not just at the beginning, but since it happens to be January, and I've made a goal, I suppose it would qualify as one. I want to be more positive! I notice that when I start feeling down and most frustrated with life it's because I've been focusing on all the negative. I sure married the right person, because Justin is an amazing example to me of staying positive and not worrying about things that don't matter. He tells me his favorite quote (on a regular basis):
"Don't sweat the small stuff! It' all small stuff"
So today, and hopefully for a while, I'm going to do my best to focus on the positives.
Here's a list of things I'm thankful for today...(why do the lists have to stop after Thanksgiving and Christmas?)
Of course I'm grateful for the basic stuff (a warm beautiful house, food on our table, clothes on our backs, working vehicles, an amazing family, etc.) But here are some more...
I'm grateful that I got to visit with a sweet friend
while I drove her around town this morning.
I'm thankful that the sun is shining and the snow is melting.
I'm thankful that my entire family is healthy and well, and that we get to
bring another sweet baby into it in a few months.
I'm thankful for my friendly fat cat who will love anyone who crosses his path.
I'm thankful for the 'Young Women' program at church, and that I get to work
with such stellar teenage girls who keep their standards high.
I'm grateful for amazing friends and neighbors, and
I'm thankful that I'm motivated to get things done today.
So since I'm motivated now, I better get off the computer and get my rear in gear before the motivation is gone! And remember: "Don't sweat the small stuff! It's all small stuff" (and be a friend...Remind me of this next week if/when this supposed storm hits and burries us in another 18 inches. LOL)

1 comment:

Tyson and Angela said...

Hang in there sunshine!! Spring is only a few months away!! Thank you for the positive attitude...as it is hard to stay positive in such a nasty winter! Thank you for being an amazing friend!! Love ya!