Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trip to Kansas

In an earlier post, I talked about my Uncle Roger coming up to Omaha. We had promised to come see him as soon as we could, which ended up being right after Justin graduated. Oddly enough, the last time we had gone down to see him when I was 7 months pregnant with Bug. Going down this time, I was 7 months pregnant with baby #3. It had been way too long! He's an outdoorsman, and had three ponds on his beautiful land, the biggest one being less than 100 yards from his house, (hence why I've procrastinated visiting him for so long with little kids, being the paranoid mom that I am). The kids were required to wear life jackets when ever they went outside, so that my nerves wouldn't be completely shot by the end of the two day trip. Lucky for my kids, my cousin's kids were over when we arrived, and they were very happy to have play mates. Our two day visit consisted of chatting, fishing (and sometimes catching), exploring, planting, riding Roger's Gator tractor, playing in sand, relaxing (as much as I could do with my curious children being around a large body of water), and..of course, how could I forget..Justin giving paddle boat rides. It was so great to see my aunt and uncle and my cousin(who I haven't seen in about ten years) and I'm glad they let us come enjoy their company and their gorgeous land.

Justin doing what he did best...give paddle boat rides.
(I handed that one over to him! I wasn't about to go out paddling 7 months pregnant. LOL)
Bug and T-Man playing in the 'sand box'. It was quite the hit!
I may need to invest in one, if I could just keep Milo out of it! :)
Bug wandered away from her fishing pole,
so T-man got to claim her catch with Roger. (notice the pink princess fishing pole. lol)
Justin and T-Man showing off Justin's catch

Roger and Bug out fishing. That's pretty close to what
we looked like through the entire trip! It was great!

No comments: