Thursday, December 11, 2008

WHAT NEXT????

For those of you who are following our trip to Utah...I don't have anything fun to report. Some of you know that last week Bug caught a cold which inevitable spread to everyone, including our incredibley gracious host, J's grandma, and I felt horrible. It wasn't a huge suprise because it was a long stressful drive for everyone getting here and it's a new community with new germs. The REAL fun started on Monday morning at 2 am when Tman woke up puking. J and I were up for the next 3.5 hours with him puking all over us every 15-30 minutes. We had taken them to a mall playground that Saturday where we suspect he picked up the stomach flu. Then when I went to the Gym on Tuesday I was SO excited to see a big fat warning on the door of the gym's daycare stating that if you had brought your child into their child care between thursday and saturday that they may have been exposed to "hand, foot and mouth" ( which for those of you that don't know, it is a lovely illness where kids get sores all over their hands, their feet and their mouth/throat...highly contagious...sounds fun..huh?). Go figure, I brought them in on Friday. My luck just keeps getting better huh? To our excitment Justin showed signs of the wonderful stomach flu on Tuesday night, and I, lucky me, was only 6 hours behind him. Needless to say....I think we are all glad that I'm unable to post pictures...ha. Anyway, It's one thing being miserable, useless and contagious at home, but it's a completely different thing being miserable, useless and contagious in someone else's home. Luckily it was only a 24 hour bug, but now I have to live in fear that Bug and J's Grandma are going to get it. UGH!!! I will feel so horrible if they get it. Anyway, I wish I could tell you about great snowboarding trips (even though Utah doesn't have much snow right now) or our great family outtings to museums, or zoos, or maybe even visiting with friends and family, BUT we've been too busy being sick, so we can't. Aren't we FUN??? What will next week bring?

3 comments:

Elise said...

Oh I'm sorry you guys have been sick, that is no fun, and at someone else's house, even worse. I guess you can look at it this way...what is there left to catch?

lacey said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun trip so far! Sorry you have all been so sick, hopefully it's over for you now! Last week in church Kylee wispered in my ear, Hailey wasn't here today she's on a trip. And yesterday when we got home she said Hailey is still on a trip. When is she coming back?! It was pretty cute. Kylee misses her friend! Well I hope you all have a great Christmas, and hopefully will feel better!

Tyson and Angela said...

Oh, I am so sorry your trip has included illnesses! But, it sounds like you have had fun besides being sick too. We got some snow the other day and are expected to get a nasty storm tomorrow....sleet,freezing rain, etc....the wonderful midwest weather!! Can't wait to see you when you get back! Not only do I miss you but so does all the YW!