Monday, December 22, 2008

There's NO place like HOME!!!

WE'RE HOME!!! YEAHHHH!!! We are finally home in Omaha after a long trip to Utah. We made the trip back home in about 18.5 hours...it was great (mumble mumble). The closer we got to home, the slower the speed limit went. What awful torture, but we finally made it. We are so greatful to have been able to stay with J's incredibley generous grandma who let us stay with her, even though she is still dealing with some injuries from a few months back. It was great getting to know her better and spending so much time with her (despite us being sick for the first two weeks of being there). We then got to go visit J's other Grandma and Grandpa in Brigham City and I love them too! We have been so lucky to have our families come together so easily. It's like we've been related forever! ha. ( I hope that feeling isn't one sided...lol). I wish we could have stayed a little longer with J's Grandparents in Brigham, but I was very anxious to be in my own home and to rescue my poor lonely kitty, Milo. We only had a one day window to get through Wyoming and Nebraska without snow so we had to take it. We got held up a bit in Cheyenne when our front tire started going flat and we had to spend 2.5 hours at a mechanic (who thankfully was open on Sunday....we would have been stranded there otherwise) and suprisingly the mishap only set us back an hour behind our planned schedule. We got home at 3:30 am to an anxious attention hungry cat ( which I loved, because I missed him too) and despite only getting 5 hours of sleep before we had to get up with the kids, we were very well rested when we woke up. Something about being in your own bed that helps you sleep better...huh. Anyway, I can't wait to see friends, and ENJOY BEING HOME. And tonight...I sleep in MY OWN BED AGAIN!!!! YEAH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are home safe, hope your holidays were fun and festive!