Saturday, May 30, 2009

Last weekend in Seattle...and so much more

So I have a bit of catching up to do....hmmm where to start. I suppose I should go back a few weeks. The last weekend we spent in Seattle was a blast. We definately put a big kink in the "biggest looser" contest...especially since four of the six contestants were all together and not exercising any restrain. The Friday before we left my sister wanted to take us to The Melting Pot. She's been wanting to take us there for over a year now, so my parents, my sister,Justin and I all went there to eat. Definately a cool place. Afterwards my parents took Justin and I to Benaroya Hall to enjoy Marvin Hamlisch conduct the Seattle Symphony. Pretty cool....there was even a bit of Dueling pianos in there too.
Enjoying the final course at The Melting Pot....hmmmmm....desert!

The next day, after taking the kids to the Factoria Mall Children's Museum so they could meet up with one of their neighbor friends that they played with through out our stay, I FINALLY took Justin to a Mariner's Baseball game with my dad and my sister. It was perfect weather. I've heard of a new food that had become quite popular at Safeco field...but unfortunately I resisted getting the Garlic fries. I would get a whiff of them and think "that smells good" only to realize that it was 50 ft away when I smelled it. When it got closer the garlic was so strong it almost made me want to cry. WOW. I did have to fight some curiousity though.

Watching the game

Dad being.....well....Dad
The after game photo!
So the whole Seattle trip turned out to be a great success and it was actually very bitter sweet leaving. I really could've stayed longer, but then, it's always better to end on a good note, right? lol. Not one person got sick while we were there (it must have all happened in Utah..ugh). I'm really glad that the kids were able to get to know my parents better, and they still ask for Bama and Papa Foli... :)
SOOOO...we got home just in time for Memorial Day weekend, and got to go to the pool with Grandma Lynne and Grandpa Kent. Bug took right to the pool again, like usual...but Tman thought it was too cold and stuck with squirting everyone with water toys on the sidelines, while mommy got FRIED!!!! I'm still dealing with the lovely sunburn.
Last but not least, this last Thursday, Justin and I We SO excited to go to Wicked, and Justin won "The Wicked Lottery" so we got to go with our good friends/neighbors and we had a great time with them. I LOVED the play. I highly recommend it. I'm SO glad we went. So now I think I'm caught up.....sorry to have to cram.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I got my first sunburn of the year over memorial weekend as well. summer is here!

Hartleys said...

Wow, those neighbors look like are a blast!!! :) Thanks for a fun night!