Monday, May 11, 2009

The Weekend With My Grandparents

This weekend we took the kids down to Kennewick to see my Grandparents. My Grandparents haven't seen Bug since she was about seven or eight months old, so it was really fun for them to see her again and to meet Tman for the first time. It was a GREAT visit with them. My grandpa told us stories about his family, and how they met, and I got to spend a lot of time just talking to both of them and getting to know them better. I think the kids had a great time, especially when all my aunts and uncles and cousins came over for a BBQ on Saturday night. We originally planned on driving down Saturday morning and then leave late saturday night, but we were having so much fun that we just stayed overnight at my granparents house. We had a nice relaxing morning with them and I was really hard to tear ourselves away to drive home. I miss them and always get excited every time I get to visit them. So now we are back in Renton and will be home in exactly one week from now. YEAH. It's been a great visit, but I think I'm finally transitioning into "I'm ready to be home" mode. I miss all our friends in Omaha and especially my kitty! He's been so lonely! :(
Grandpa showing the kids around his workshop. He loves to polish rocks and make jewelry out of them, and the kids each got to pick a special rock out of his collection. I always remember getting stuff like that from him!
Some of my cousins.
Bug being a "puppy" and her new found friend/cousin was abliged to walk her.lol
and then they switched. Bug wanted to walk the dog.
I love this picture of me and my grandpa. Isn't he cute!
Pictures before we left. We had to tear ourselves away. We would have stayed there all week if we could! It was so good to spend time with them!
Justin figured out how to use the camera's timer, so we were all able to get into a picture. I'm so glad I remembered to take pictures this time. I already miss my granparenst. At least the kids finally got to meet their great grandparents and it's been documented!

2 comments:

Jessica and Jim said...

Aren't grandparents the best?!

Anonymous said...

Look at you, you're so fashionable! You put yourself together better than I do and you've got two kiddies you're responsible for when all I've got is myself! What is your secret?