Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Trip So Far

So now that we've been able to settle ourselves in Seattle and take a few pictures, I figure I should give everyone an update. The first two weeks have been very successful, and this is turning out to be MUCH more pleasant than our Utah clinical. The kids have tons to do and thus we haven't had to deal with their boredom tantrums. We have had great weather the majority of the time, and when it has rained, it hasn't been too bad.
The kids LOVE being in the yard and helping with the yard work. (It's so much bigger than our yard in Omaha and there is SOOOO many things for them to explore...T-man has taken quite the liking to pointing out EVERY bug he finds.) Bug even helped Grandma Y plant her annual garden. She got to go to the nursery and grandma let her pick all the flowers.
My parents cats (who are normally quite anti-social with anyone that that is not an adult) are very friendly with the kids. I'm AMAZED at how they've warmed up to them. Normally when there are kids in the house, the cats are no where to be found. But they have even approached the kids and want them to pet them. YEAH.
My parents left to go to Mexico for the week, so this week we have the house all to ourselves. PARTY AT THEIR HOUSE!!! WOOHOOO! jk. (I never did that as a teenager, so I feel like I should make up for that some how...lol)
And finally, J's clinical is going great, and we have two more weeks to go. He gets to meet with a potential residency clinic tomorrow and get a foot in the door for when he has to apply. So in exactly two weeks from now we will be in our very own home, petting our poor lonely kitty! Until then, I'm going to continue to enjoy the time I have here, and soak up all the Seattle greenery!
T-man in the front yard. In the background is the infamous giant tree. It's starting to get it's leaves, and hopefully we'll be able to see it full of life before we leave.
Bug playing in the gravel pile in the backyard. This gravel pile has entertained the kids for HOURS. I'm not complaining. It's been great. Maybe I should put a gravel pile in our backyard when I get home...If it keeps them THIS entertained, then maybe it would be worth it. lol

Bug's Jenga tower. This is how we entertain ourselves while Tman sleeps.

Bug in front of the garden she helped Grandma Y plant. She can even name most of the flowers!

Random shot of Tman on a beautiful sunny day

Bug in front of her FREE play kitchen and fridge. One of my parent's neighbors had these out in their front yard with a free sign and I couldn't pass it up. JACK POT. It has been another GREAT entertainer for them. Play kitchens, gravel piles, dirt...what more could a kid ask for?

Bug and Tman having a picnic in the front yard on a nice day. They are always so cute together. I love sneaking up on them and just listening to them talk and play together. They are SO cute!

Aunt Christy, Tman and Bug sharing a drink at Taco Bell before we drop her off at the airport.

DRINK UP!! (The kids thought this was hilarious!)

7 comments:

Hartleys said...

Oh, a gravel pit! Why didn't I think of that??

Your kids are so cute and Milo is lonely but we are visiting him regularly!! Have fun and we will see you guys soon!

Jessica and Jim said...

You can't beat a free kitchen! Looks like you're all having fun. Good luck!

lacey said...

Sounds like a fun time! The kids are so cute, love all the pics! We missed H at preschool today!!

Broin's said...

You have the cutest kids ever! I miss you guys! Can't wait to see you over Memorial Day weekend...I'll need some sanity after this move AAAAAAHHHHHh

Julie Barnes said...

Glad to see what fun things you have been doing! I love the gravel pit fun, so cute!

Tyson and Angela said...

Your kids are so darn cute! I am so glad that this trip has been better than your Utah trip! It does look like you are having so much fun. See you soon!

KRAZIKORTUS6PAK said...

I'm glad to hear from you! how fun to be around your family! I'm trying to fit in running around this crazy boot camp lace and I are doing for the month of MAY. I think I would rather just be running. I ran my old path today and didn't do so well, so I've got a lot of work to do! Can't wait to see you guys!