Saturday, January 8, 2011

Visitors

The kids love to watch the squirrels that wander our yard and we occassionally put peanuts out for them. This morning when we were eating our pancake breakfast (Thanks Justin :D) we looked out the window and saw our little friends looking for some goodies on the deck. We threw a few out for them and then look out a few minutes later and this is what we saw:


Let me introduce you.
The one on the Right is Chubbs. The one on the left is Scout.
Scout stays in the tree starring at you. Chubbs is just chubby.
They just sat there waiting....and waiting...and waiting.
They would make quite the book ends, wouldn't you say?
Finally I broke down and gave them a few more cuz they were so cute.
The next time we looked out the window THIS is what we saw:

The word is spreading. :)
Next I'll try to get a picture of the Blue Jays.
There may be fierce competition for those peanuts.

5 comments:

Elise said...

Cute little visitors I'm sure they'll provide hours of entertainment! The new years pic is the first I've seen of your baby, he is so cute, he looks alot like his older brother. It's hard for me to believe that you guys are done with school and have moved away from Omaha! Best of luck in your new home.

PS-that cute baby deserves a post of his own. :)

Loralee said...

Love it!! That is so funny! What great pictures! What a cute scrapbook page in the making!! What a cool deck!! Missing you!! Hope you are getting used to your new area! I cannot wait to get back to the WEST! EEEK! I just can't get over how adorable your three new friends are! TOO CUTE!!! I hope we can still swap with each other!!

The Spanglers said...

So funny. I love watching squirrels and blue jays. It reminds me of Summers at my Grandma's cabin. Did I ever tell you about the chubby chipmunk that got too comfortable with us? Well it turns out he got into the cabin and was there overnight. The next morning I woke up to him in my lap!!! Now I would have loved to have a video of that whole fiasco! We would have won some money.

Tyson and Angela said...

Man, I sure do love the pics you send! Looks like you live right in the mountains! I think I want to live there! :) Seems like the squirrels there are different than the squirrels in Omaha...of course, maybe it is because they are mountain squirrels, and the ones out here are prairie squirrels. There is a difference! HA!

Rachael and Justin said...

HA!!! Angie!!!! COME BE MY NEIGHBOR!!!! I'll share my squirrels with you ;)
Kari...No, you never told me that story! That's HILARIOUS!!! bahahaha!!!!