Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Defend Yourself!

A good friend of mine invited me to go to a self defense class last night, and WOW. It was great. I have to admit I am a "what if....." kind of girl. I always ask myself what I would do if some drastic thing happened to me like someone pulling a gun on me, or trying to take my children, and in my imagination I always end up the unconquerable hero. (Now if any of you see me spacing off, you'll know that I'm day dreaming about kicking someone's butt..haha) But in reality fear and adrenaline are debilitating sometimes. I went to this self defense class last night and learned SO much, and it made me so much more confident and empowered! So why would I keep it for myself? I think everyone should get out there and take a self defense course! If you can find one near you, the course I took last night was called "FAST Defense" and I HIGHLY recommend it. It does a great job of helping you recognize the adrenaline rush, and teaches you the easiest ways to defend yourself. You don't have to remember any type of complicated kung fu. It's plain and simple...so go find a class RIGHT NOW and learn to defend yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and hope you keep it up! And I don't care what anyone says... KungFu IS hard!