Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've turned into a "MOM"

Not the good kind...I mean the kind that doesn't do her hair or make up before she leaves the house...or even changes out of her pajamas for that matter. I laughed at myself this morning because I tried to look at myself in other people's views (particularly the other mom's from Bug's preschool group) and I just LAUGHED!!! No matter how empty my week is, I wake up Thursday morning only to look at the clock and realize that I have less time than I would like to get up, get the kids up, feed them, dress them, and get Bug to preschool. Usually what ends up happening is that I neglect to get myself ready. I left the house this morning in a mad dash only to realize I still had yesterday's make up on, my hair was EVERYWHERE...(luckily I had a hooded sweatshirt that I was able to partially hide it with) and I was still wearing my pajamas. I don't really view myself as a frumpy mom that doesn't take care of myself, but there are certainly days where others may see me and definately think that I'm that kind of person. Luckily I'm secure enough with my inability to go to bed early enough to wake up and get ready for the day..and I'm ok with that. Besides if I had worried so much about getting ready for the day T-Man and I wouldn't have had a great morning together. It also helped that Bug went home with a friend to play after preschool and T-man and I were able to have extra time. Thanks to Lacey! In my eyes being a mom is so much easier and SO much more fun when I'm able to let go of things like putting my make up on, or doing my hair and focus on having fun. Don't get me wrong...I'm not giving up make up or my flat iron, but love that I looked like crap today and I STILL had a great day!

2 comments:

Tyson and Angela said...

I have never thought of you as being a frumpy girl! Every time I see you, you look great! But, I feel that way sometimes too...I think we all do! But, hey, who cares what you look like, it is how good of a mom you are, and I think you are a great mom (from what I have seen anyway)..hehe :)

lacey said...

Hey Rachael! I found your blog, now I can add it to my list! You are too funny, I definitely don't see you as frumpy!! Kylee had a lot of fun yesterday playing with bug!!!