Saturday, November 29, 2008

Are We There Yet?

We survived the dreaded drive to Utah yesterday, and surprisingly, the kids did GREAT! The last drive we took out here last summer was awful, but they did so good yesterday. I think Tman's attention span has grown significantly since the last trip, and that helped a ton. So now that we are here, we can relax, unpack, and enjoy the stay with Grandma Neola. The only thing to worry about now is my poor sweet kitty Milo. I hope his friends keep him company and give him the attention he needs. Isn't it amazind how we give human characteristics to animals? I've felt awful for the last week, because I was afraid that Milo might think we abandoned him , or that we didn't love him. ugh. Anyway, hopefully the drive back goes as smoothly as the drive out. Until then, we'll miss our beds, we'll miss our house, we'll miss our cat, and we'll miss our friends.

2 comments:

Angie Prusse said...

I am so glad to hear that you made it to Utah okay. And, I am so more relieved for you that the kids did so great! Wahoo!!! Have fun in Utah! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :)

Elise said...

That is a HORRIBLE drive, ugh! I'm glad I won't have to make it again for a while. Glad that it went better this year.